Vision1 FM                       Light FM                         Light TV

Muntari threatens to sue Spanish newspaper over false reportage

Apoplectic Sulley Muntari has vociferously rubbished media reports claiming he has been arrested in Italy for failing to fulfill some financial commitments with his agent and has threatened to sue the newspaper that carried out the erroneous report.



Reports were rife in the Spanish media in the early hours of Tuesday, which went viral in Italy and Ghana that the superstar had been arrested with his vehicle impounded over big money problems with his former agent according to sports.es.

But the former AC Milan and Inter Milan star has furiously rubbished the reports and has hinted taken legal action against the source of the false story.

Muntari exclusively revealed to GHANAsoccernet that he does not know the source of the story and the reason for putting out such a damaging story about him.

“I am hugely surprised about where the story is coming from. I am taking legal action against the website immediately for defamation,” Muntari told GHANAsoccernet.com from his base in Italy.

The damaging report also claimed the 34-year-old is under investigation for alleged embezzlement after the Italian police seized his high-end vehicle, a Mercedes, valued more than 150,000 Euros, a claim the Ghana international has also denied.

Muntari who is determined to prove beyond every reasonable doubt to clear his name has asked his lawyers to sue the newspaper for damages.

Muntari, who recently walked off the pitch after a suffering a racist slur during a Serie A match for Pescara against Cagliari, appears to be have been in the media spotlight for the wrong reasons in recent times but the tough-talking midfielder suspects it’s a campaign to slur his image.

The Ghanaian made his debut in Europe for Udinese in 2002 and subsequently signed for Inter in 2007 before joining English League one side English side Portsmouth for

He joined AC Milan in 2012 as a free agent before being farmed out to Al Ittihad last year.

The intelligent midfielder signed for Pescara in January this year but terminated his contract this summer after the team failed to maintain their stay in the Italian Serie A.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

More Politics

Ghana cited among African countries having a risky affair with eurobond debt Ghana cited among African countries having a risky affair with eurobond debt 2017-11-17 - In the ten-year period between 2006—when the first Sub Saharan...
Akufo-Addo is Guggisberg of our time – Wontumi Akufo-Addo is Guggisberg of our time – Wontumi 2017-11-17 - Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bernard...
Each district to get Ghc2m for 1 district, 1 factory Each district to get Ghc2m for 1 district, 1 factory 2017-11-16 - The government will allocate at least GhC2 million to each district,...
I'll pray for Akufo-Addo's government to succeed – Joshua Alabi I'll pray for Akufo-Addo's government to succeed – Joshua Alabi 2017-11-16 - It is important for all citizens, including members of the opposition,...
Office of Special Prosecutor may be 'problematic' - Asiedu Nketia Office of Special Prosecutor may be 'problematic' - Asiedu Nketia 2017-11-15 - General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress...

More News..

Pastor arrested for ‘ritual’ killing Pastor arrested for ‘ritual’ killing 2017-11-17 - Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Bernard...
'Rapist' pastor arrested 'Rapist' pastor arrested 2017-11-16 - A 20-year-old self-styled pastor, who is said to have drugged...
Free SHS gets GHC1.2 billion in 2018 budget Free SHS gets GHC1.2 billion in 2018 budget 2017-11-15 - The government plans to allocate some GH¢1.2 billion to the...
100,000 graduates to be employed in 2018 - Finance Minister 100,000 graduates to be employed in 2018 - Finance Minister 2017-11-15 - The government has announced the creation of a Nation Builders'...
Single mums who sleep with married men for money are 'sick' – Duncan-Williams Single mums who sleep with married men for money are 'sick' – Duncan-Williams 2017-11-14 - Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams has described single mums...